Saturday, May 17, 2014

Going, going, gone...for awhile.

I'm keeping it short tonight mostly because my laptop finally bit the dust for good and I'm having to type on an ergonomic keyboard. Really ? what's so dang ergonomic about bending a perfectly good keyboard up so much that there is an actual split between the keys. Is it the part where I now have to relearn where keys are thus slowing any actual wisdom I might be able to impart. If I ever were to want another keyboard it would be a Dvorak so that I would be on the level of about 99% of the people. At any rate WE ARE HOME !!!  Thursday was the last day. They surprised me with this info that morning after looking at my labs. When I asked about how much longer I would need my PIC line the PA spun on her heel and said she would take care of it. She immediately had me set up for the removal of the line. It was weird. The tech took the bandage off and after a lot of disinfecting pulled the line out. I felt absolutely nothing and as I watched it come out it was just really strange. One thing I'm sure of is that if I ever need one again I wont hesitate to do it. That is just too easy.
   So Thursday when we got back to camp we packed a hasty retreat and beat it to the house. It felt good to be able to do things. In the trailer we were very limited in what we could do-- eat, watch TV, read, and sleep. But we are home.
   When I get another laptop going I'll put up another post. Don't worry my time in camp got me pretty used to having a laptop and here I keep one open most of the time I'm awake.
  I'm not due back for another month so I can get a little vacation before the next round of treatments, I'm finding my appetite is very slowly returning and so far my energy level is pretty good.
  Signing off for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment