Wednesday, March 26, 2014

He's baaaack ( well, sort of )


    I was chastised this weekend about not posting. It seems I have a stalker. So to keep them at bay you will now be subjected to the randomness of my mind. Or more correctly just some stuff I write at different times through the day.

 Well, no news is generally good news. And as it happens I don't have any news at all. So you're going to have to put up with more of my ramblings.


Mar.17
 A long weekend evidently was not just what  I needed. After many false starts we finally got there around 9:30 PM. Not the optimum time to arrive to unload a lot of the stuff that has to be unloaded as soon as you arrive. Refrigerated stuff, fresh foods, clothes, etc. And the next day in the wind trying to unload paneling that’s going upstairs. Several of the things that I wanted to get done required physical efforts that I seem to no longer have. The cancer is in my right lymph node in my neck. The mass has grown enough that it’s visible to anyone looking directly at me. It is non operable simply because of where it is. It runs over, under, around, or through arteries, veins, nerves, and I can’t remember what else. The jist of it is that it surrounds the nerve that controls you being able to pick your arm up over your head. So when I’m trying to run wire overhead normally I would pass it from one hand to the other. Now I have to push it up with my left hand and try to hang it there until I can move and grab it again. I know, big deal. But six months ago I could still do that. I’m finding things all of the time now that are either harder or just not possible anymore.
That being said, the north forty is as much about disconnecting from civilization and media in almost any form. In Tex. we’re one block from police, fire, ambulance, and within two miles of either of two Care Flite landing zones. We have every media and communicating device one would really ever need. In Okla. we have a radio, if we ever take the time to hook it up. We have a TV, it’s only connection is to a DVD player, and that’s only been used about four times in a year or so. The closest paved road is two miles and the closest Wal Mart is over twenty. At night you can hear the train honking 25 or more miles away, as well as coyotes, frogs, crickets, owls, etc. And the last time I saw that many stars at night I was on the road to Alaska.  Up there I’m able to take the time to notice nature.
 My frustration right now is that although the place is livable Teresa is afraid if we move in, the rest of the drywalling won’t ever get done. Actually she knows that it will all get done, but the schedule would get sort of drawn out.
Big But time. The big C has put what we used to call the cohetus  ( ko-heet-us ) on that process.  It’s a colloquialism for an abrupt stop. No sense in trying to move to Okla. when I’m going to have to go to Dallas every day for seven weeks or so. And not knowing how long my recuperation will be leaves the timeline in the ozone. Add to that that moving would cost money and since I'm not working now, well you get the picture. Mine is of Bullwinkle telling Rocky to watch as he pulls a rabbit out of a hat. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Mar.22
  Spent the afternoon and night at my brothers place. It gave us time to catch up and visit a bit. He sent me home with an assortment of booty. BBQ, computers, ceiling fans, and a borrowed router table.The router table is for some woodworking projects that I have. The ceiling fans will go to the north forty and the computers I'm going to clean files off of and give to a charity and a veterans museum.


  Gonna post this and try to get started on another one sooner.

















2 comments:

  1. You know that we are available to dry wall. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I understand people are having difficulty posting responses to John's blogs. We can't have that! That would mean that he gets the last word...tee hee. Anyway, here's what you do. Scroll to the bottom of the post where it says "comment" or you see the comment box. After typing your comment, select your profile from the drop-down box. The easiest thing to do is to create a gmail account for yourself and use this id. I haven't tried the others because my gmail address works just fine. Click "Publish". Another box will appear that asks you to type the numbers and letters you see (for security purposes). Voila! You have commented on John's post. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

    ReplyDelete